Will the Ghost Phone & Ghost Laptop protect against AI created malware?

Will the Ghost Phone & Ghost Laptop protect against AI created malware?  

By: TheSuit on March 12, 2024, 12:07 p.m.

See link here -> https://futurism.com/researchers-create-ai-malware. Will your devices protect against this?

Re: Will the Ghost Phone & Ghost Laptop protect against AI created malware?  

By: TheSuit on March 12, 2024, 12:07 p.m.

In general all Linux based systems for laptops/desktops and the open source GrapheneOS mobile operating system are much safer as no programs are able to execute on the devices running these operating systems without you being notified and giving express permissions that the program execute on the device.

This being said, USER ERROR is the cause of 80+% of malware being installed and run on devices, so it is entirely possible that a user can be tricked into downloading something they should not be downloading and unwittingly giving permission for a malicious program to run on your device.

For a comparison, you can be trained how to safely user a firearm and the firearm can have a safety on it and other precautions to prevent you from doing something fooling... but you can still "accidentally" shoot yourself if you're not careful.

Hopefully this makes sense.

By: Mark13-37 on March 22, 2024, 10:03 a.m.

So, with Linux there are all these updates to be done to keep your security up to date. Then there are the optional apps to download from the varios sources in "Flatpack" or Debian or Unbuntu or whatever? What does that mean? I notice updates from Flatpack don't require an authorization password, but others do for authentication. Some of the packages sound nefarious just by their name. Because I am not an expert with the code or the language, I am naive and vulnerable. I trust it more than closed source, but I really am trusting the Update Manager to have my back because I have no clue what some of these updates are doing even though I am giving my authorization to update because I am thinking that I will be more vulnerable if I don't.

Does that make sense?

Mark13-37

Mark13-37
"And those things that I say unto you, I say unto all men, Watch".

By: TheSuit on March 26, 2024, 4:30 p.m.

Watch this... will help clarify the A's to you Q's below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49eBJAKyrls