Adding an app in the Sandbox Account w/ Google Play Services

Adding an app in the Sandbox Account w/ Google Play Services  

By: TheSuit on March 4, 2024, 11:11 a.m.

I’m getting my husband’s pixel 4a set up. He has to have an app for work that requires google services. So I set up a sandbox account on his phone like your set up directions say.

1. But now I’m confused as to what to do next to down load the app he needs. When I click on google play, it’s asking to sign in. Do I make up a brand new account or use his existing account?

2. Also, I’m assuming there is no quicker way to switch between sandbox and his normal phone stuff other than going into settings right?

3. I’m waiting for your reply before proceeding so when the app is downloaded, it will not be seen on his regular side, he has to find in the sandbox right?
    Thanks!

Re: Adding an app in the Sandbox Account w/ Google Play Services  

By: TheSuit on March 4, 2024, 11:11 a.m.

You do not need to login to Google Play. Remember, this is a brand new account and environment you just created, so you now need to re-download and install the various secure app stores to pull the app you're looking for.

-Open the Vanadium browser app from within the new account.

-go to https://f-droid.org/en/ and download the f-droid app.

-once downloaded and installed, open and search for and download the Aurora browser app.

-From within Aurora you can find and install the app your needing without needing to login to Google.

-To switch between accounts quickly, swipe down from the top twice so you see the power and settings icon on the bottom right of the screen. Next to the settings gear icon will be what looks like a person icon. tapping that will allow you to swap between accounts quickly.

-this is a totally separate environment, so yes, what is in one account is not visible or accessible from the other.

Hope this helps!