Question specific app on sandboxed account

Question specific app on sandboxed account  

By: jellybean16 on Aug. 17, 2023, 6:33 p.m.

I've set up a sandboxed account on my new phone (pixel 4a). We use a Gryphon router and it requires their mobile app to administer the router. The app is called Gyphon Connect. I can't get the app to work in the sandboxed account. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas or suggestions to try. The app installed, but when I open it to log on, I keep getting a screen that says "Gyphon isn't responding - close app, wait or show details." It just keeps displaying that screen over and over again no matter what I choose (except close app does close the app).

Thanks!

Re: Question specific app on sandboxed account  

By: ShaneCooper on Aug. 17, 2023, 9:38 p.m.

I am not familure with Gryphon nor this application. I did just try installing on a Sandbox account and experince the same results that you have. I experimented with some settings and permissions to see if I could resolve the issue in anyway with no success. Not sure what the issue could be, if I come across a solution for this I be sure to let you know.

Shane Cooper

Re: Question specific app on sandboxed account  

By: jellybean16 on Aug. 21, 2023, 10:50 a.m.

I am also getting notifications on the sandboxed account that say "Playstore needs to update Playstore" and "missing permissions goodle play store tried to show a permission."

Are these normal since I am not using Play store or would this have something to do with the app not working?

I did get the same error screen with another app but it wemt away and the app now works.

Last edited by: jellybean16 on Aug. 21, 2023, 10:51 a.m., edited 3 times in total.