SMS/MMS Messaging

SMS/MMS Messaging  

By: kurtbchilds on Jan. 26, 2024, 7:08 a.m.

Most of my messaging is done through regularing messaging apps because the more secure ones do not support SMS/MMS. If someone sends me a picture currently, when I go to open it for a larger view, the screen is blank. Does anyone have a way to fix this?

Re: SMS/MMS Messaging  

By: TheSuit on Jan. 26, 2024, 1:35 p.m.

What you are experiencing is not "normal" and could be a result of a number of different settings that might have been changed on your end accidentally or a simple tweak in how you're going about trying to view the pictures being sent you.

If you could detail what the process is you're following when trying to view or open a picture within the default messanger app, that would be helpful so we're not chasing down rabbit holes that are unnecessary.

By: kurtbchilds on Feb. 2, 2024, 8:34 a.m.

Basically, I am clicking on a picture in the messaging app to enlarge it. It opens up like it is going to expand, but is always a black screen and the picture never appears. I looked through the messaging app settings and gallery settings, but could not find anything to update. Thanks.

By: TheSuit on Feb. 2, 2024, 1:06 p.m.

Very strange. First I've heard of anyone having this issue!

1) To update your various applications, you do this within the app stores.
Go to:
F-Droid app -> Updates (bottom right) -> Update All (follow prompts)
Aurora Store app -> Updates -> Update All (follow prompts)

2) Should this not solve the problem, try downloading a different messanger app such as QKSMS from F-Droid (if it's not already installed), making this your new default messanger app (you can do this in the settings of the app itself) and try opening pictures within the new app.

If neither of these works, we'll have to keep exploring potential solutions!

By: kurtbchilds on Feb. 5, 2024, 8:08 a.m.

Thank you. A different messaging app is what I was looking for and it now works like it should. Thanks for your help.